استيقاف السيارات



hitchhiking - استيقاف السيارات - auto-stop

Amchit, Lebanon.

I remember the exact day I took my first hitchhike.
It was on the 14th of march of 1989.
I was only 16 years old.
The school was closed by order of the government.
The noise of canons in the neighboring valley was intermittent, but the firing of shells was constant.
My father was in a hurry and anxious to get to a work appointment.
He left me on a crossroad and told me to hitchhike back home.
Without thinking, I raised my hand, like I had seen in a movie.
Instantaneously a car stopped, probably because bombardments were getting heavier...
The man on the wheels was a kind old man with a large mustache.
He was nervous and driving like crazy.
In less than 10 minutes I was at our doorstep.
And he advised me not to ever hitchhike again!
I never followed his advise.

Je me souviens du jour exact où j'ai pris mon premier auto-stop.
C'était le 14 mars 1989.
J'avais seulement 16 ans.
L'école était fermée par ordre du gouvernement.
Le bruit des canons dans la vallée voisine était intermitant, mais le lancement des obus etait constant.
Mon père était pressé et anxieux de se rendre à un rendez-vous de travail.
Il m'a laissé a un carrefour et m'a dit de faire de l'auto-stop jusqu'à la maison.
Sans réfléchir, j'ai levé la main, comme j'avais vu dans un film.
Instantanément une voiture s'est arrêtée, probablement parce que les bombardements étaient de plus en plus lourds ...
L'homme au volant était un vieillard aimable, avec une grosse moustache.
Il était nerveux et conduisait comme un fou.
En moins de 10 minutes j'étais à notre porte.
Et il m'a conseillé de ne plus jamais faire de l'auto-stop!
Je n'ai jamais suivi ses conseils.